Laughing… and i didn’t wake up hung over this morning either. But i slept in til 7:00 which is so unusual i might as well have been hung over!
And it is Sunday morning.
i love this song. It’s so sweetly melancholy. i think i always hear it in my head on Sunday morning.
Sir and i had a lovely time last night. i know you’re not surprised.
We spent some time sorting through the things that had been an issue between us. i think we left things in a good place ~ very close to what i said yesterday ~
~ neither one of us knows exactly what we want this relationship to be like. We are both willing to be patient and experiment and see where it goes.
i say that and it sounds so obvious, it sounds stupid. But sometimes, people do know what they want, or at least think they know. Then they look for someone who will fit that vision of what a relationship should be.
This is funny ~ i ran across this list i made ~ apparently in 2009. It’s my wish list for a man. It doesn’t define the relationship, but i sure am clear about what qualities i was looking for.
- Not in terrible health; not someone who talks about their blood pressure or diabetes all the time.
- Not obese
- Has a kind face – or a wise face, or maybe even an interesting face.
- Interested in physical intimacy.
- Not racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, and so on. Appreciates diversity.
- Has a social conscience; does some things to help make the world a better place.
- Reasonably comfortable in social settings, not agoraphobic or with an anxiety disorder.
- Has friends.
- Fun to be with. Likes to do things – listen to music, dance, go to events, festivals, plays, eat out, travel – at least some of those.
- Likes to read, and is well-read.
- Good sense of humor.
- Interested in the world, curious, still learning.
- Warm, caring, compassionate, empathic
- Strong – has self-control, able to handle his own emotions, handles adversity reasonably well.
- Sensitive – able to empathize with other’s pain, able to recognize his own pain and come to terms with it.
- Generous, loving, sensual.
- Not whiny, depressed, anxious, or dependent.
- Capable of emotional intimacy.
- Spirituality is a source of strength for him in some way.
- Tolerant of a variety of spiritual traditions, can appreciate diversity.
- Accepts my beliefs as valid for me, respects them even if he doesn’t agree or share them.
i’m telling you, Sir meets all those criteria. Every. Single. One.
How amazing is that????
More happy sighs…
So i don’t know ~ neither one of us knows ~ what we’ll build between us, but He is the person i want to try to build with.
i know. Y’all already knew that. Let me know when you get bored with my happy, happy, happy and maybe i’ll do some fantasies or something..
Now i gotta go make chili and a tres leches cake. Yikes.